Online Dating Investigation
Online dating is now one of the most common ways to meet a potential love match. Traveling this road is exciting, but it can also be dangerous. A dater’s intentions are not always honorable and the things they claim to be truth could be lies. Pursuing an online dating investigation provides the information you need to know as you get to know someone better, whether you’re looking out for yourself, or acting on behalf of someone you care about.
The Dangers of Online Dating
Maybe you use your personal computer to scroll through profiles or carefully craft your own. Maybe you feel more casual about making a match and use a dating app to swipe through dozens of photos every day.
In both situations, the goal is the same: to find someone who’s looking for the same thing you are. Sadly, not everyone who is dating online has the best intentions, and plenty of people will lie to get what they want.
It would be nice to believe that the motivations of every possible match are honorable and align with your own, but it’s easy to fudge the details when you’re creating an online dating profile. It’s easy to claim you’re someone you’re not. It’s easy for someone to spew endearments then turn violent once you’re alone together. The risks of online dating are real, and they are scary.
Common Online Dating Threats
There are common threads when it comes to online dating gone wrong. Some of the situations people find themselves in the middle of include:
- Gold digging: Affluent members of society who are looking for love may opt for a dating site that helps them attract people who have the same means as they do, when really they’re dealing with a poseur who wants their money and nothing to do with who they are as a person.
- Catfishing: The television shows about catfishing are interesting, but they’re also disturbing. The last thing you want is to be part of a situation where the match you’ve been communicating with or even fallen in love with is not a real person.
- Cheating: Do you suspect the person you have met or begun dating is cheating on their significant other? Certainly, there are dating sites for this – cheaters meeting other cheaters who want to cheat – but if you are in the dating game to meet a trustworthy, honest partner, you want to know up front if the person you’re seeing is truly single.
- Criminals: Online daters put themselves in dangerous positions sometimes, but if you’re smart about who, when, and where you’re meeting, you can keep yourself safe. If you have any doubts about a person’s intentions, consider giving that match a pass. If you can’t help yourself, an online dating investigation at the very least gives you essential information you can use to decide if you feel safe connecting with a match.
Online dating is irresistible to many and tedious to others, but it is a means to an end, or at least a means to a goal, whether that’s hooking up for one night or making a love connection for a lifetime.
The Elements of an Online Dating Investigation
How can you trust the information a person has provided or have any way of proving they’re legit? A professional online dating investigation gets the details you need and deserve to have, far more details than any “fast” and “reliable” online background check.
- Conducting detailed background checks.
- Confirming identity and contact information.
- Following the subject to confirm location, place of employment, or activities.
- Seeing who he or she spends time with and how they spend their time.
- Taking photos and videos.
- Using a vehicle tracking device.
- Conducting asset searches.
Keep Your Loved One Safe from an Online Dating Threat
If you’re not the one dating online but someone you love is meeting their matches via smartphone or computer, you may worry about their well-being, especially if a situation seems too good to be true. Long-distance loves who never meet but suddenly need financial help are a red flag. Messages but no phone calls or in-person meet-ups are a red flag. There are so many things that you might be able to see but your friend or family member is blinded to by their affection and belief in the match that they’ve made.
Hiring a private investigator to research the person who has captured your loved one’s heart can give you peace of mind about their well-being and safety.
Safeguard Your Love Life with an ASG Online Dating Investigation
We understand that you don’t want to look like the crazy love interest who is paranoid about the relationship they’re developing with someone or questioning the details. Discretion and confidentiality are critical to every undercover investigation, including online dating investigations.
Whether you’re looking for a date in Dearborn, love in Lansing, companionship in Clinton Township, or a beau in Birmingham… The team at ASG is ready to gather all the information you need to know about the person you’re involved with or thinking about getting involved with. Love might make the world go ‘round, but it also makes dating a dangerous endeavor. Stay safe. Contact us to discuss your needs and questions.
Does the person I’m interested in know that you are conducting an online dating investigation?
Is it true that if I meet someone on one of the large, well know dating sites, that they have checked the person out and I don’t need an online dating investigation?
Is it rude or out of line to have an online dating investigation performed on someone I like?
Can you perform an on-line dating investigation on someone if I only have a gmail address for them?
Is it unusual to find false or incomplete information about someone when you run an online dating investigation for someone?
Recent Blog Posts
In the first steps of putting pen to paper for this blog post I turned to Google to see what exactly the internet suggests when … Read more
Often in the media we see joyful reunions of family and friends that were once thought to be lost to each other. Whether it be … Read more
In March of 2020, thousands of employees were sent home from the office and forced to work from home due to the Coronavirus Pandemic. They … Read more
Never heard of a “Financial Background Check”? Then you have been missing out on some critical information affecting a number of different types of financial … Read more