Legal Investigation in Michigan
There are straightforward legal matters, and there are those that require extensive, detailed, challenging fact-gathering. Whatever area of law you practice, the Michigan private investigators at ASG are experienced in the art of legal investigation. Our methods of unearthing the necessary documentation, witnesses, or evidence are done meticulously and in accordance with legal needs so the information we collect is usable in a court of law.
Outsourcing Legal Research to a Michigan Private Investigator
Paralegals and legal assistants are valuable members of your team, but they can be limited in their resources and time when it comes to research. Outsourcing legal investigations allows you to do due diligence for every case you have and ensures that you will be in possession of the most in-depth information possible.
Private investigators are often an attorney’s best legal resource, for many reasons:
- Extensive research outlets: In-house legal support can gather pertinent information using public databases and internet searches. However, in-depth digital trails and offline activities can be more thoroughly and accurately documented by a private investigator.
- People finding expertise: Tracking down witnesses can be a tedious and frustrating use of your legal team’s time. Using advanced investigative tools, expert professional investigators who specialize in witness location can find hard-to-locate subjects. This information will be thorough and often includes current and previous mailing addresses, physical residence, phone numbers, place of employment, and other contact pertinent contact information.
- Domestic and global searches: Legal matters do not always stay local to Michigan or even the United States. Private investigators are prepared to take a search beyond domestic borders. Private investigators relieve you of the burden of global research that requires travel, extensive network connections, and the tools to work abroad.
- Time: You have dozens of cases that require attention and your time is dedicated to all facets of legal responsibilities. Private investigators have one goal – to carry out an investigation from start to finish, as meticulously as possible. We have the time and focus to get the information you need, in the right format, and in a time-sensitive situation so you can carry out your duties without interruption.
Ultimately, the more information you have, the stronger your case and your arguments will be. If you feel like discovery is incomplete, or that there is something you could be missing, rely on a private investigator to confirm the information you have already gathered and expand intelligence.
Legal Investigation for All Areas of Law
Nearly all areas of law and litigation can benefit from the comprehensive inquiries, explorations, and observations conducted by a private investigator, including:
- Criminal defense
- Divorce and family
- Intellectual property
- Labor and employment
- Liability defense
- Personal injury
- Tort actions
Private investigators are impartial. If your client is emotional, untrustworthy, or reticent to offer information, an investigator can clarify information. If you need more information about your opponent, private investigators uncover the evidence confidentially and legitimately.
The discreet and exhaustive measures through which a professional investigator conducts their research to assemble pretrial and trial evidence can consist of:
- Asset investigation and analysis
- Background checks
- Computer forensics
- Corporate threat assessment
- Data recovery
- GPS tracking
- Location of witnesses
- Record research
- Skip tracing
- Taking statements
- Uncover undisclosed relationships
- Verification of computer usage
Why Hire ASG to Conduct Your Legal Investigation?
ASG private investigators work closely with and under the direction of legal counsel, conducting extensive, careful searches for pertinent and valuable information. Attorneys are savvy, intelligent professionals, and you know that to adequately and wholly serve your clients you need a reliable support team you can depend on and trust to sort through complex information. ASG is a full-service investigative agency servicing Birmingham, Clinton Township, Dearborn, Detroit, Grosse Pointe, Livonia, Novi, Plymouth, Royal Oak, Shelby Township, Sterling Heights, Troy, Warren, Westland, and everywhere in between. We employ highly experienced legal investigators to provide you with high-quality litigation support.
Allow our experts to take the key information gathered during discovery and glean the real-world information that relates to it so your case can be strong. Call ASG to discuss your cases and find out how our legal experts and litigation support investigators can uniquely supplement your work and add robust value to your in-house legal efforts.
Recent Blog Posts
In the first steps of putting pen to paper for this blog post I turned to Google to see what exactly the internet suggests when … Read more
Often in the media we see joyful reunions of family and friends that were once thought to be lost to each other. Whether it be … Read more
In March of 2020, thousands of employees were sent home from the office and forced to work from home due to the Coronavirus Pandemic. They … Read more
Never heard of a “Financial Background Check”? Then you have been missing out on some critical information affecting a number of different types of financial … Read more